Explore our job openings and employment opportunities.
CapstanAG™ is a technology-based company, specializing in creating new proprietary systems for the agricultural industry, particularly with liquid applications. Specifically, CapstanAG manufactures and sells agricultural spray systems utilizing pulse-width-modulation, along with independent nozzle control. We are currently searching for the right candidates to fill roles within our growing company. CapstanAG offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Job Title: Project Manager
Reports To: Director of Operations
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Prepared Date: 06/15/21
The perfect candidate for this position will distance themselves from the corporate bureaucracy that entangles most companies. Instead they will utilize useful strategies to maintain the hands-on culture and business integrity that Capstan embraces. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully coordinate and complete multiple tasks within and across departments to meet established and changing deadlines.
Summary: The Project Manager position will utilize experience and talents to plan and direct the project management function of the design and manufacturing process within our core product platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizing a strong team orientation, work collaboratively with divisions and teams to establish priorities, objectives and deliverables. Collaborate with leadership and engineering resources to develop and execute engineering projects related to Capstan’s core platform.
- Lead identification, evaluation, design, development, testing and release of equipment and processes that enhance Capstan’s core platform.
- Responsible for moderately complex engineering programs.
- Leads the project team.
- Manages the product program proactively to ensure timing and program team objectives are met.
- Interfaces with required functional disciplines and departments for support.
- Assures appropriate program planning to confirm that product development is consistent with established program objectives and customer needs.
- Facilitates and maintains communications with the Director of Operations for all program activities and all levels.
- Establish collaborative partnerships with applicable vendors to maximize available expertise.
- As needed, schedule field travel visits to evaluate equipment and/or product performance and capabilities.
- Provide performance feedback to staff and resolve and internal issues.
- Champion a commitment to safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience in product development or project management, design, and engineering..
- Complete understanding and personal interaction within agriculture industry.
- Strong competencies in project management and in leading cross-functional teams. Demonstrates success leading new product initiatives from concept to commercialization.
- Understand modern engineering processes in a real and practical way such that their usage is truly beneficial to the final outcome and expedites completion.
- Excellent leadership track record to include coaching, mentoring and team building that can be used to make logical decisions in coordinating the resources needed for ongoing projects.
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally as needed (travel up to 20%)
- Experience with MS Office products
- Demonstrated understanding of the application, use and service of precision agriculture equipment is a plus.
- Ability to effectively present information to management, dealer principals and/or end users.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with good interpersonal skills.