Explore our job openings and employment opportunities.
CapstanAG™ is a technology-based company, specializing in creating new proprietary systems for the agricultural industry, particularly with liquid applications. Specifically, CapstanAG manufactures and sells agricultural spray systems utilizing pulse-width-modulation, along with independent nozzle control. We are currently searching for the right candidates to fill roles within our growing company. CapstanAG offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Reports To: Director of Operations
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Prepared Date: 01.30.23
Summary: Collaborate with Engineering and Marketing teams to design and test hardware and/or software for new products, as well as solving problems and enhancing performance of existing products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and develop electrical and electronic system specifications, products, components and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electrical materials and products.
- Actively participate in activities necessary to generate and maintain product designs in the area of precision agricultural spray technology.
- Participate in engineering design through all phases of the process including development, project management, prototype, pre-production, qualification and product design maintenance.
- Conduct research and study results, both in lab and in field.
- Interface closely with production and purchasing personnel to identify, approve suppliers, conduct design and drawing reviews, and deviation requests and provide support and information as required.
- Participate in and support research of current product performance shortcomings with respect to function, reliability, and usability.
- Use appropriate engineering techniques, processes and technology to produce cost effective designs considering applicable safety and environmental regulations and standards.
- Travel to distributor and customer sites, supplier facilities and field test locations to participate in the product evaluation process and to resolve problems, investigate functional issues, explore design alternatives and provide manufacturing support. Out of country travel may be required.
- Participate in software, policy and procedure training as required to maintain/increase technical proficiency and stay up-to-date.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering with an emphasis in Electrical, Software or Computer discipline.
- Embedded systems development experience
- Experience in writing code using C or C++
- Ability to use manufacturer specific embedded design tools.
- Ability to field test and troubleshoot software.
- Must be available to travel to field test sites possibly worldwide, as required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work both in a team environment and independently.